“I love the style of teaching….T’helah truly has the gift to teach.” -Anonymous student, 2016 Satisfaction Survey
“I really really loved the class…YOU ARE AWESOME!”
-Winter 2016 student
Thank you for your interest! I am living and teaching in Israel for the 2017-18 school year; due to the serious time difference, live Hebrew classes will resume when I return, Summer 2018. In the meantime, please subscribe to my YouTube channel – I’ll be posting Hebrew lessons there regularly. Be blessed! -T’helah
Even if you don’t know the alphabet, even if you’re not good with languages, even if you’ve tried to learn a million times before, YOU CAN LEARN HEBREW AT THE KEFAR – speaking, reading, and writing – all within the comfort of your own home!
The Kefar offers beginner- and intermediate-level Hebrew lessons in a virtual Zoom classroom, with live audio, video, interactive whiteboard, and more, giving you all the benefits of an in-person session, without the inconvenience of travel.
“You’re an awesome teacher, I really enjoyed the course. I appreciate the layout of the workbook, it helps me to teach my own family.”
-S.K., Intro to Hebrew Speaking student (Mar. 2017)
After two successful rounds, we are now in our third round of Hebrew classes! Registration will open Tue. April 4th for The Kefar members, and April 9th for non-members. Classes will begin May 2nd, and run from 6-8 weeks. There are only 5 spots in each class, so be sure to join The Kefar if you’re not already a member to register early.
Below are the classes offered for May 2017. Bear in mind that courses sometimes change from term to term, so what’s being offered now may not be offered next term (and what was offered last term may no longer be available).
“The course is exceptional, well worth it! I am looking forward to taking all of your courses. You are an exceptional teacher, and they say you cant teach an old dog new tricks…thanks!”
-Hebrew Reading 101 student (Mar. 2017)
NEW! Try Before You Buy
Each course offers 2 seats for potential students who want to check out a class before committing to the full 6 or 8 weeks. See more info in the FAQs at the bottom of the page.
NEW! Children's Class
Hebrew 101 for Youth teaches children ages 7-12 how to read Hebrew from scratch. Classes begin May 2, 2017, and you can register below!
HEBREW READING 101Yesodot: Foundations Course
- Tuesdays 6:40 – 7:30 pm EST
- BEGINNER course – for non-Hebrew readers and those with no knowledge of the Hebrew alphabet.
- In The Kefar’s Yesodot: Hebrew Reading 101 course, you’ll learn to read and write in Hebrew. Even if you have no prior knowledge, you will be reading by the end of the first class – guaranteed! Each class will build off the last, until you’ve mastered all the letters and their sounds, and the vowels and their sounds. You’ll also learn colors, numbers, and simple vocabulary. This is a great course to take with the Intro to Hebrew Speaking course.
HEBREW 101 FOR YOUTHIncludes Course Workbook
- Tuesdays 7:50-8:30 pm EST
- BEGINNER course – designed for children ages 7-12 who don’t know the Hebrew alphabet and/or how to read Hebrew.
- In The Kefar’s Hebrew 101 for Youth course, students will learn how to read and count in Hebrew, and will also colors and additional simple vocabulary. Each class incorporates an interactive game to keep students engaged while they learn!
INTRO TO HEBREW SPEAKINGIncludes Course Workbook
- Wednesdays 6:45-7:45 pm EST
- BEGINNER course – for students with little to no background in Hebrew. This is a perfect next course for students who have completed The Kefar’s Yesodot: Hebrew Reading 101 course; Hebrew reading skills are NOT required, however, and transliterations are always provided.
- In The Kefar’s Intro to Hebrew Speaking course, you’ll learn simple vocabulary words, grammar rules, and basic sentence structure, and each class is designed to provide opportunities to use words and phrases from the previous weeks. The required Course Workbook is included, with lesson summaries, vocabulary and phrases from each class, and practice pages for homework. At the end of this course, you’ll be ready to take your speaking skills to the next level!
*NEW* ELEMENTARY CONVERSATIONS
- Wednesdays 8-9 pm EST
- BEGINNER course – for those who can read Hebrew, and have some vocabulary. This course was designed to be a follow up to the Intro to Hebrew Speaking course, so I recommend you take that first before registering for this one.
- In The Kefar’s Elementary Hebrew Conversations course, you’ll strengthen your reading fluency and comprehension skills, and increase your Hebrew vocabulary, allowing you to both understand and converse more. Each week’s content will include words, verbs, and phrases included in the Intro to Hebrew Speaking workbook, so you can continue to use and build upon what you’ve already learned.
“I enjoyed the order of the lessons and how we built up from basic greetings to learning how to speak about ourselves, our family and things around us…I learned something new every week and can’t wait to take another class! Awesome job”
-Sichot student (Jan ’16)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why does the "Register" button take me to a "No Results Found" page?
Registration for members of The Kefar opens on April 4, 2017. If you’re a member, make sure you’re logged into your account. Regular registration for everyone will open on April 9, 2017.
Can I try a course before I commit?
Yes! Starting in Feb 2017, there are two spots available in each course for students who wish to “try before they buy.” This means that you can attend the first class for a $20-per-course fee (so if you want to test out three classes, it’ll be $60). If you’d like to continue as a registered student, then you’d just pay the remainder of the course fee and continue to study Hebrew at The Kefar! Sign up for a trial class HERE (the link will be active Apr 4 for members, and Apr 9 for everyone).
Which course should I sign up for?
If you have a 7-12 year old child who wants to learn to read Hebrew, enroll them in the Hebrew 101 for Youth course.
If you want to learn to read Hebrew, take the Yesodot: Hebrew Reading 101 course. If you know how to read, or can’t read but want to start speaking Hebrew right away, take the Intro to Hebrew Speaking course. You can also take these two courses together.
If you’ve taken the Intro to Hebrew Speaking course, or if you are comfortable holding basic conversations in Hebrew, take the Elementary Conversations course.
Can I register for more than one course?
Yes! You can take the Yesodot: Hebrew Reading 101 and Intro to Hebrew Speaking courses at the same time.
What is the refund policy?
Registration is from Apr. 4-23. If you need to drop your class for whatever reason during the registration period, you will receive a full refund. No refunds will be given after April 23, 2017.
Can I change my course after registration has closed?
You may switch courses provided that not more than one class has passed, and there is room in the course you’d like to switch into. If the course hasn’t begun, or only one week has passed, but there aren’t any seats in your desired class, you have the option to withdraw, and apply the fee to a future course within 6 months. No switches will be allowed into any courses once the second class has concluded.
What if I don't see a course that interests me?
I’d love to hear what does interest you! Let me know here, and I may be able to offer that class in the future.